Above and Beyond Tutoring -- Eve Sutton, M. A.
Experienced and successful with students who have multiple special needs, using a variety of methods and teaching styles. Will bring materials and use techniques to support various teaching philosophies (Waldorf, Slingerland, Montessori, etc.) or create new methods as needed.
- ADD/ADHD Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder
- Adult, College, Professional Education
- Attitude or Behavior
- Auditory Processing
- Autistim Spectrum, Asperger's
- Developmental Delays
- Chronic Illness
- Down's Syndrome
- Dyslexia, Dysgraphia
- Emotional Disorders, Anxiety, Stress
- Executive Function deficiencies (cannot organize tasks)
- Frequent moves to new schools
- Gifted, Highly Gifted, Twice Exceptional, Talented
- Mental health
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Physical Disabilities
- Transportation after school
- Vision /Eyesight
- Tutoring: homework, adapted assignments, study skills, enrichment
- Curriculim Design: custom lessons for tutoring, teaching, textbooks, online instruction
- Home Schooling, Private Schooling: PreK, K-12, Adult
- Family Support: coaching the parents, working with siblings
- Advocacy: support for SST/IEP meetings, Parent-Teacher conferences
- School Interviews, Appropriate Placements: choosing a new school, adapting an educational plan, preparing for entrance exams
- Test Preparation (ISEE, GED, SAT, CBEST, GRE, LSAT, etc.)
- Therapy, Home Exercises, consulting with doctor and incorporating therapy into academic tutoring and emotional development sessions: Vision Therapy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Vocational Therapy, etc.
Creative, resourceful, experienced with all ages and learning styles, Eve is your tutor, classroom teacher, professor and education consultant "above and beyond" simple help with homework. Highly recommended, with local references. Available weekdays, evenings, weekends, school vacations. Rates for tutoring, advocacy, consulting, and curriculum design start at $80/hour with 2-hour minimum appointment time.
No travel charge for mid-Peninsula locations with easy parking (Atherton, East Palo Alto, Los Altos, Menlo Park, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Stanford); add about $2/mile or $60/hour for other locations.
BACKGROUND: Eve Sutton is a professional curriculum designer, long-term tutor, experienced classroom teacher in public and private schools (PreK, K-12, Adult Ed, University, Teacher Education) and alternative education instructor (home/hospital, GED prep, independent study), for mainstream and special needs students. She helps parents and educators reach agreement on how to work within the system to help the student.
Fully credentialled for California public schools (Multiple Subjects, English, Science, CLAD), with a Master's in Education from Stanford and continuing education in everything from creative writing to nanotechnology, Eve teaches math, reading, penmanship (handwriting), writing (composition), language arts, public speaking, ELD/ESL, science, social studies, fine art, performing arts, crafts, study skills, behavior, confidence, and Test Prep for teens and adults (ISEE, GED, SAT, CBEST, GRE, LSAT, etc.).
See map: Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, MapQuest
Palo Alto, CA, 94303
|Website:||We don't have a website address for this resource. You can Click Here to look up the resource on www.Google.com|
|Updated:||Thu, 23 Jul 2015 11:16:11 -0700|