Autism Awareness Day at Whole Foods Market-Campbell
April is Autism Awareness Month. Whole Foods Market in Campbell would like to help increase awareness of this challenging disorder and to help emphasize the importance of diet in maintaining the health of those affected by this condition.
- An average of 1 out of every 110 children will be diagnosed with an ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Boys are 4 to 5 times more likely to develop this condition compared to girls
- Many children diagnosed with autism have various food sensitivities including gluten, casein (dairy) and soy intolerance
For a flyer with all of the events, click here.
The Keynote Event is Autism Awareness Day-Saturday April 17 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
This FREE event is open to anyone interesetd in learning more about autism.
- Meet with various ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) service providers from the South Bay - including Parents Helping Parents
- Mingle with food vendors offering sampling of delicious gluten-free and allergy-free specific foods
- Face painting, drawing contests, and free balloons for the children
- Door prizes include diet-friendly Whole Foods gift baskets and other prizes
Allergy Food Tours - These tours will highlight how to find specificfoods if you have various sensitivities to gluten, casein (dairy), soyas well as low sodium options. You will also learn how to interpret andread food labels. Free to the public.
- Friday April 9 @ 7:30 pm
- Monday April 12 @ 7:30 pm
- Friday April 16 @ 2:30 pm
- Monday April 19 @ 10:00 am
- Friday April 23 @ 2:30 pm