Everyone needs a BFF (Best Friend Forever) and your help is needed!
As a BFF Project volunteer you’ll be assisting with this socially focused program for adults with special needs. Current events are hosted from 2:00 PM-3:30 PM on Tuesdays.
There are many things a volunteer can do either during the events or in preparation and you’ll be guided by our BFF support specialist. The main goal is to create a safe, welcoming, engaging, and fun event for our adult participants. It’s a lot of fun and the group has grown substantially during the pandemic. Meetings are held on Zoom so easy to participate from wherever you are located!
- 18 years or older.
- Possess and willing to use own computer, tablet, or another device that can connect to the internet with a working camera.
- Proficiency in Zoom, YouTube, Google Doc, Google Sheets, and Trivia Marker (bonus).
- Ability to treat adult program participants with respect and encourage self-determination.
- All approved BFF volunteers are asked to have a LiveScan fingerprinting completed locally, at PHP’s expense.
- Demonstrate and model a professional yet casual presence
- Model appropriate behavior and interaction with program participants and the PHP program specialist.
- Maintain participant confidentiality and any related information.
- Tuesdays for two hours (1:30-3:30 pm), for a minimum of three months.
- Meet occasionally with the program specialist and other volunteers for planning discussions and to contribute thoughts for program development.
- Certificate of Service after 24 hours.
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience.
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time volunteer basis.
- Have fun while you make a difference.