Williams Syndrome Association
- Medical – Heart or blood vessel problems (narrowing in aorta or pulmonary arteries), hypercalcemia (elevated blood calcium levels), low birth weight/slow weight gain, colic during infancy, kidney abnormalities, musculoskeletal problems (low muscle tone/joint laxity, joint stiffness) and feeding problems.
- Physical – Characteristic facial appearances that in young children include a small upturned nose, wide mouth, full lips, small chin and puffiness around the eyes.
- Personality – Overly friendly, excessively social personality and relatively strong expressive language skills.
- Developmental – Developmental delays, learning disabilities, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Bi-annual national convention
- International professional conference
- WSA GANG & Dream Team workshops
- Music & Enrichment camps
- Scholarship programs
- Research grants
- Resource libraries
- One day regional conferences
Sierra region contact info:
Doaa Hamed – California