January 15, 2022 8:30 AM to January 22, 2022 1:30 PM
Children who are transitioning to adulthood and their parents face many changes…
Do you feel ready for when your child reaches the age of majority?
The transition to adult life is a multidimensional process that includes the beginning of a new stage in the life of your children, such as; working, social participation in the community, the emancipation from the family for some, etc.
In this conference, we will present topics such as:
Day 1 -01/15/2022
– The transition to adulthood begins with you (the parents)
– Promoting the independence of your young adult through the support system.
– How the regional centers will support us during the transition
– How Self-Determination Can help with the transition
Day 2 – 01/22/2021
– Financial benefits that you should know before your child turns 18
– How to live independently with support (ILS, SLS, IHSS)
– Healthy relationships for adults and teens with disabilities
– Supported employment. Our loved ones with disabilities can also work if they wish.
*** Topics subject to change depending on the availability of the presenters ***
THIS CONFERENCE IS TOTALLY FREE AND ONLINE
This conference is sponsored in part by the Department of Developmental Services, DDS