August 5, 2018 9:00 am to August 10, 2018
This new facility has been a dream of Stephen’s for years, it is an accessible place in the High Sierras for children with physical disabilities to come from all over the world and enjoy the great outdoors. Stephen wants to give Wampers the same memories and experiences he had as a kid with the great outdoors. The new Camp Wamp has a 9-acre lake with native brook trout and 129 acres of remote rugged wilderness.
All Camp Sessions with kids ages (10-18) offer STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) experiences. STEAM will be introduced in an outdoor classroom setting where professionals introduce STEAM throughout the week. STEAM is geared towards problem-solving specific to the disabilities each child has.
Steps to apply for Camp Wamp:
1. Fill out Survey Located on the Camp Wamp Forms or Applications Page
2. Fill out the Camp Wamp Application located on Camp Wamp Forms or Applications Page
3. Fill out the Medical Form located Camp Wamp Forms or Applications Page
General Physical Disabilities at Camp Wamp:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spina Bifida
- Acquired Brain and Spinal Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Muscular dystrophies
- Genetic Disorders
- Development Coordination Disorder