October 20, 2021 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Speaker: Makenzie Wesner, M.S., R.N., P.H.N., P.N.P.-P.C., Center for Developing Minds
In recognition of LD and ADHD Awareness Month, many children with LD or ADHD have coexisting conditions.*
Makenzie Wesner, a behavioral and developmental pediatric Nurse Practitioner, offers an expert and meticulous approach to understanding these diverse and complex behaviors:
- It is estimated that 30% of those with Dyslexia have coexisting ADHD
- Children with Learning Disabilities and ADHD frequently have motor skills disorder
- Up to 35% of children with ADHD also have oppositional defiant disorder or conduct disorder
- 25% of children with ADHD also have an anxiety disorder
- About 18% of children with ADHD also have mood disorders such as depression or bipolar disorder
This Zoom webinar is offered for FIRST 5 Partners and other local professionals such as Early Interventionists, Social Workers, Home Visitors, Childcare and Preschool providers, Family Resource Center staff, Therapeutic Service Providers and Early Childhood Education students. Parents are also welcome.
Bio: Makenzie Wesner, M.S., R.N., P.H.N., P.N.P.-P.C. is a behavioral and developmental pediatric Nurse Practitioner at the Center for Developing Minds. Makenzie specializes in the evaluation and treatment of children with a wide array of challenges such as autism, ADHD, motor-communication disorders, and executive dysfunctions, all among various intellectual and genetic backdrops. She also has training in sensory processing combined with a focus on self-regulation and social thinking development.
(* Source: American Academy of Pediatrics and International Dyslexia Association)
Funded by FIRST 5 Santa Clara County