June 13, 2021 12:00 AM to 11:30 PM
Parents Helping Parents presents
PARENTS FOR CHANGE TRAINING SERIES
Do you have a CHILD WITH SPECIAL NEEDS and believe systems need to change to better serve families like yours?
Join a group of PARENTS ADVOCATING FOR CHANGE at the system and policy levels!
ABOUT PARENTS FOR CHANGE
This FREE online training empowers parents of children with special needs to create change in their schools and service systems through community leadership and advocacy.
Through six monthly meetings, parents gain advocacy skills and strategies, learn about the legislative process, and discover how to work with decision-makers to influence systems and policy. Parents are provided the tools to make an impact on the issues that matter to them, and receive the opportunity to collaborate with other parents as part of this dynamic and supportive action community.
Join PHP in building a movement of parent change-makers!
- Includes 6 monthly 1 ½-hr online training sessions from July to Dec 2021.* Participants must commit to attending all sessions. (Meeting dates/times will be set after receiving participant schedules in the application.)
- Training is based on Family Voices of California’s Project Leadership curriculum.
- Light homework will be given between sessions, up to an hour of time.
- Participants receive unique resources and opportunities as part of local and national advocacy networks.
- A $100 stipend is available upon completion of all 6 sessions.
- Participants must be residents of Santa Clara County.
- English and Spanish training cohorts are available.
* Laptops may be available for loan during the training
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Parents for Change is geared toward those who are:
- A parent of a child with special needs or disabilities.
- Interested in systems-level advocacy and have a desire to improve systems and services for children with special needs.
- New to advocacy or wanting to expand their basic knowledge and skills.
- Willing to engage in discussions, activities, and assignments.
- Santa Clara County residents.
- English or Spanish speakers.
HOW TO APPLY
DEADLINE to apply is June 13, 2021. As space is limited, placement in this year’s program is not guaranteed. We will contact you with more information after your form is received.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Join us for an Information Session on Thursday, May 27 from 7:30-8:00 pm to learn more about the program, ask questions, and meet the trainer and other interested parents!
This program is supported by a grant from The Health Trust.
Project Leadership curriculum is provided by Family Voices of California with funding from Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health.