November 27, 2022 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM
Parents Helping Parents presents:
PARENTS FOR CHANGE ADVOCACY TRAINING SERIES
Do you have a child with special needs and believe systems need to change to better serve families like yours?
Join a group of parents advocating for change at the system and policy level!
ABOUT PARENTS FOR CHANGE
This FREE online training empowers parents of young and adult children with special needs to create change in their schools and service systems through community leadership and advocacy.
Through six monthly meetings, parents gain advocacy skills and strategies, learn about the legislative process, and discover how to work with decision-makers to influence systems and policy. Parents are provided the tools to make an impact on the issues that matter to them, and receive the opportunity to collaborate with other parents as part of this dynamic and supportive action community.
Join PHP in building a movement of parent change-makers!
- Includes 6 monthly 1½-hr training sessions from January to June 2023. Sessions will be online, though may include 1-2 in-person meetings in San Jose. Dates/times will be set after receiving participant schedules in the application.
- Participants must commit to attending all sessions.
- Light homework will be given between sessions, up to an hour of time monthly.
- Participants receive unique resources and opportunities as part of local and national advocacy networks.
- A $100 stipend is available upon completion of all 6 sessions.
- Participants must be residents of Santa Clara County or San Mateo County.
- Laptops may be available for loan during the training.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Parents for Change is for those who are:
- A parent or guardian of a young or adult child with special needs or disabilities.
- Interested in advocacy and have a desire to improve systems and services for children with special needs.
- New to systems-level advocacy or wanting to expand basic knowledge and skills.
- Willing to engage in discussions, activities, and assignments.
- Santa Clara County or San Mateo County residents.
HOW TO APPLY
DEADLINE to apply is November 27, 2022. As space is limited, placement in the program is not guaranteed. We will contact you with more information after your form is received.
For questions, contact Beverly Wong at email@example.com.
This program has been made possible in part by a grant from Silicon Valley Community Foundation.
Project Leadership curriculum provided by Family Voices of California with funding from Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health.