September 11, 2019 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
This course prepares you to introduce and coach your team on person centered planning skills and approaches. You will also leave with the ability to write a well-organized person centered plan.
Person centered service plans document options based on the individual’s needs and preferences; and for residential settings, the individual’s resources. The planning process must be conducted in order to reflect what is important to the individual, to ensure delivery of services in a manner reflecting personal preferences, and to ensure what is important for in relation to health and welfare. The plan identifies the strengths, preferences, needs (clinical and support), and desired outcomes of the individual.
This Train the Trainer 8-week course (24-hour total class time), provides hands on learning and practice to participants. Those that meet the competencies will receive a “Train the Trainer for Person Centered Planning”, Certificate of Competence from PHP. Those earning their certificate will be deemed able to identify what is important to, what is important for the individual served, bring that learning into the individual’s plan and be reflected in the services received. More importantly, the person receiving support services will benefit from the concepts of person centered approaches.
This training will prepare you to train and coach the staff at your agency in becoming a person centered team. The goal is to improve the quality of life for those served by your agency. It does not prepare you to go do the training that you will be attending.
Classes are being held on the following days:
September 11, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
September 25, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
October 9, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
October 23, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
November 6, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
November 20, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
December 4, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
December 18, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Upon demonstrating competence in all of the coursework, you will receive a Train the Trainers Certificate of Competence. This is not a certificate of completion. Competence must be achieved.
The Following Is Covered In This Course
1. Overview of disability history
2. Review and implementation of Person Centered Thinking skills
3. Discovery: Ways of gathering important information about and with the individual
4. Person Centered Plan Discovery Session involving a regional center client
5. Development of a person centered one page description for that individual
6. Conduct a person centered planning review for one of your clients
7. Reviewing and organizing the information discovered
8. Creating the person centered plan to reflect what was learned with support
9. Creating goals measurable outcomes with the individual based on your learning
10. Assigning goals to your staff to achieve an individual’s outcomes based on what you have learned is important to them
Fee: $6,000 per attendee paid in three, $2,000 installments.
Prerequisite: Completion of the 12-hour Person Centered Thinking Training offered by a credentialed trainer by The Learning Community for Person Centered Practices. No exceptions. Next class information is found at: https://www.php.com/event/person-centered-thinking-2-day-training-2/
No Online Registration for this class. Email email@example.com to register or for additional information. Call 408-727-5775 x102