July 24, 2021 9:30 AM to August 7, 2021 12:30 PM
Social Boundaries teaches individuals with special needs different levels of intimacy and social distance, how to be safe in public, how to interact with others, and what is okay and not okay in interactions. The goal of Social Boundaries is to help our children understand how to interact appropriately with different people in their community, from family members to teachers to community helpers.
Who Should Attend?
Youth, ages 13-17, with intellectual disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorders who have social skills level of at least kindergarten (5-year-old) equivalent) or above.
Saturday, July 24 – Purple and Blue circles
Saturday, July 31– Green and Yellow circle
Saturday, August 7– Orange and Red circles
– Each color includes videos, discussions, and activities designed to teach social distance to individuals with special needs.
– Students learn a core system of relationship boundaries and behaviors. For example, students learn when it’s okay to hug people, and about when it’s appropriate (or not) to share their personal information.
- To get the full benefit of this wonderful program, plan to attend all sessions.
- One parent/support person/caregiver is required to participate in the class with their student. This participation is critical for the program to be successfully integrated into everyday life.
- Participants must live in Santa Clara County.
- Once registered we will reach out to confirm.