April 24, 2021 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Special Education Basics Training
Would you like to improve your skills and knowledge to become an active partner in developing your child’s educational program?
This online training will help you understand the special education process; it is an overview of the ins and outs of the IEP (Individualized Education Program).
The goal is to help you understand your rights, recognize the value of your parenting expertise, and improve your communication and problem-solving skills.
Whether the IEP team is meeting virtually or in-person, your participation is essential!
- You suspect your child/student has special needs
- You have not attended a training on special education
- You need a refresher on the basics of special education
- You are a parent, family member, student, or professional
- The Special Education Process
- How an Individual Educational Program is Developed
- Parents’ Rights in the IEP
- Working Together with your IEP Team
Funded by the San Bruno Community Foundation