October 19, 2021 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
The Importance of Assessments
with Dr. Brentar, Executive Director of the Morrissey-Compton Education Center
This training is designed to improve your understanding of assessments and will cover a variety of topics with regard to assessments:
- When should you consider an assessment of your student? What are the red flags that may alert you that an assessment is needed?
- Where do you go to for the assessment?
- Types of assessment: psycho-educational, ADHD, psychological evaluations, neuropsychological evaluations
- How to prepare the student for testing?
- How to understand the report?
- What do you do with the results?
- Are follow-ups or retesting needed in the future?
Dr. Brentar is a licensed psychologist and Executive Director of the Morrissey-Compton Educational Center, where he additionally provides evaluations and therapy to children and adults. Dr. Brentar’s interests focus on learning disabilities, executive functioning, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, Asperger’s and other developmental disorders.
For more information on Dr Brentar, click here: Dr. Brentar
This workshop is presented in partnership with: Parents Helping Parents, Exceptional Parents Unlimited (EPU), and Matrix Parent Network.
Accommodations: If you need accommodations to participate in the training, please contact Parents Helping Parents as soon as possible. We generally need 10 days to arrange accommodations and we want to make sure you are included!
Know Your Rights