January 24, 2020 12:00 PM to 1:10 PM
Do you have concerns about your child’s academic progress?
Parents Helping Parents and Morrissey-Compton Educational Center are launching a series of webinars to provide information to families whose children have (or are suspected of having) learning disabilities and/or ADHD.
Our Friday, January 24th “Lunchtime Webinar” will be about the testing process that is used to assess for a learning disability. January is an ideal time to think about this and make plans as the second half of the school year begins.
When to seek an evaluation can be confusing for parents. For some students, an evaluation is clearly warranted because their learning struggles are obvious, such as difficulty learning to read, spell, write, or understanding math or there is a positive family history of diagnosed learning challenges in siblings, parents, or extended family. For others, learning challenges are more subtle and sometimes students’ challenges are misinterpreted as motivational, lazy behaviors, or immaturity. This webinar will cover all aspects of the evaluation process from when an evaluation is warranted to what should be done once you have the results and provide answers to the following questions:
- What are the warning signs of learning challenges?
- When should I seek consultation with an educational or mental health professional about whether an evaluation is warranted?
- When is the best time to have my student evaluated?
- Who should perform the evaluation?
- How do I prepare my student for the evaluation?
- What happens during the evaluation, from intake to parent conference?
- What should you do with the results of the evaluation?
- Does my student ever need to be re-evaluated?
The 60-minute webinar will be led by Morrissey-Compton staff, Executive Director, Dr. John Brentar, Ph.D., and Director of Educational Services, Ashley Koedel, M.A. During their presentation, you will be able to anonymously submit your questions, via chat, for them to answer.
Please register in advance for this webinar using this link:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
If you have any questions or comments about this event, feel free to contact Marlee at email@example.com or by calling 408-727-5775.