Because of YOU, Parents Helping Parents empowers families of youth and adults with special needs. No donation is too small.
Most PHP webinars, support groups and services are FREE! We are committed to providing innovative, high-quality online content to families like yours. Please consider making a voluntary donation to help us continue this important work for families raising children with special needs throughout our community! Thank you!
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Parents Helping Parents is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (Tax ID# 94-2814246). Your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law.
Are there other ways to donate?
- Donate Stocks or Securities: With a gift of securities, you pay no capital gains taxes and may be able to deduct the full fair market value of appreciated stocks or mutual funds held longer than one year. Please contact Mark Fishler, PHP Development Director, at 408-886-3896 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate Through A Will Or Trust: This is one of the most common types of planned gifts. You can arrange to leave PHP a specific dollar amount or asset, a percentage of your estate, or the remainder after specific gifts to loved ones have been made. Please contact Mark Fishler, PHP Development Director, at 408-886-3896 or email@example.com
- Name PHP as a beneficiary. You can do this for the following: your individual retirement account (IRA), 401(k), 403(b), brokerage, donor advised fund (DAF), life insurance policy or other account. These gifts are easy to arrange or modify. Simply complete a beneficiary designation form from your plan administrator to name PHP a beneficiary of all or part of your retirement account or life insurance policy. If the retirement assets are tax-deferred, the portion left to PHP will not be subject to tax. Please contact Mark Fishler, PHP Development Director, at 408-886-3896 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gifts From Your IRA: Legislation allows IRA gifts from individuals age 70 1/2 years or older. Distributions of up to $100,000 per person per year can be made directly from your IRA to Parents Helping Parents and count toward your required minimum distribution. Please contact Mark Fishler, PHP Development Director, at 408-886-3896 or email@example.com
- Donor Advised Fund: You can set up a donor advised fund (DAF) and donate to PHP through your DAF. For more information, contact Mark Fishler, PHP Development Director, at 408-886-3896 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate by US Mail: Please send checks to Parents Helping Parents, Attn: Mark Fishler, Suite 100, 1400 Parkmoor Avenue, San Jose, CA, 95126. We will mail your donation receipt via US mail as your official record.
We recommend consulting your financial advisor or attorney to find the right option for you.
Will I get a receipt?
Upon completion of your donation, we will email your receipt to the email address you provide. If you select a recurring donation, we will send you an individual receipt each month in which your donation is processed.