Join a PHP support group and find a place where others share a similar journey!
Parents Helping Parents offers many disability support groups for families. They are intended to help people find others who share their life experiences. Each support group is a place to get information from others, reduce feelings of isolation, get and give support, and meet people who understand you and your family. We want to help people build a community of support and reduce feelings of isolation.
All PHP support groups are confidential.
Key things to know about PHP’s support groups:
- PHP support groups are FREE.
- Support groups are for parents/caregivers unless otherwise stated.
- Group facilitators are generally knowledgeable volunteers who are parents of children with disabilities, or a person with a disability themselves.
- Most meet monthly on Zoom.
- You may find more than one group that sounds interesting. Try them all to find the one(s) that are the most helpful for you and your family.
Disability support groups are one of many ways to connect with Parents Helping Parents. If you live in the Bay Area, contact PHP and request a 1:1 consultation with a Resource Specialist about areas of interest to your family.
Click on the links below to view each group’s webpage and to find their event calendar.
For PARENTS with Young Children (ages 0-5)
For PARENTS with School-aged Children:
For PARENTS with Children of Any Age/Condition:
- Support for Caregivers & Reducing Overwhelm- led by an LMFT
- Japanese-speaking Parent Support (email group)
- Spanish-speaking Parent Support
- Vietnamese-speaking Parent Support