It’s important to know that you are not alone on your journey!
Parents Helping Parents offers many special interest groups intended to help people find others who share their life experiences. Each is a place to get information, reduce feelings of isolation, get and give support, and meet others who understand you and your family. We want to help people build a community of support.
Key things to know about PHP’s support groups:
- PHP support groups are FREE.
- Support groups are for parents/caregivers unless otherwise stated.
- Group Facilitators are generally knowledgeable volunteers who are parents of children with disabilities, or a person with a disability themselves.
- Most meet monthly on Zoom.
- You may find more than one group that sounds interesting. Try them all to find the one(s) that are the most helpful for you and your family.
Support groups are only one of the ways to connect to information at Parents Helping Parents. If you live in the Bay Area, contact PHP directly and ask to speak with one of our resource specialists for 1:1 consultations about areas of interest to your family.
Click on the links below to view each group’s webpage and to find their event calendar.
For PARENTS with Young Children (ages 0-5)
- Baby ‘N Me Music Group
- Early Childhood (ages 0-3)
- The Early Years (ages 2-8)
- Brain Injury
- Partner Parent Program (ages 0-3)
- Parent Partner Online Playgroup
For PARENTS with School-aged Children:
For PARENTS with Children of Any Age/Any Condition:
- Saving Our Sanity/SOS – led by an LMFT
- Japanese-speaking Parent Support
- Spanish-speaking Parent Support
- Vietnamese-speaking Parent Support
For PARENTS with Adult Children:
- Adult Children with Developmental Disabilities
- Job/Career Bound Neurodiverse Young Adults
- Paths for Positive Adulting
For ADULTS with Special Needs:
- Neurodiverse Adults: Sharing Support & Info