Have you been looking for a way to give back?
You may be the one we are looking for! Parents Helping Parents encourages parents and adult siblings of individuals with special needs to apply for available positions. Your experience with differently-abled people could be applicable to the experience.
Parents Helping Parents is based in San Jose, CA. at the Sobrato Center for Nonprofits. The office is close to freeways, schools, downtown San Jose and Willow Glen and walking distance from Race light rail station.
Individuals who are bilingual in any language are always welcome!
If we don’t have any open positions that fit your interests, feel free to send a cover letter with your background (professional/personal) and career goals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Work for PHP” in the subject line. Thank you!
We are currently in need of an Accounting Assistant
Accounting Assistant will support Finance Department at Parents Helping Parents. Needs to be detail oriented, good with numbers, have a positive attitude, and able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality. This is a part-time position with flexible hours (15-20 hours per week).
• Prepare deposits and take to the bank
• Prepare check requests and mail checks
• Assist with payroll process
• Some Quickbooks data entry
• Assist with new employee onboarding paperwork
• Assist with monthly invoicing and tracking AR
• Filing, copying, and shredding
• Assist Finance Director and Accounting and HR Manager with various projects
• Experience with office procedures
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word)
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Please put “Work for PHP” in the subject line.