Have you been looking for a way to give back?
You may be the one we are looking for! Parents Helping Parents encourages parents and adult siblings of individuals with special needs to apply for available positions. Your experience with differently-abled people could be applicable to the experience.
Parents Helping Parents is based in San Jose, CA. at the Sobrato Center for Nonprofits. The office is close to freeways, schools, downtown San Jose and Willow Glen and walking distance from Race light rail station.
Individuals who are bilingual in any language are always welcome!
Are you a bilingual English/Spanish person who wants to make a difference in the lives of families who have a child with special needs? We offer a great working environment – Benefits and Flexible hours.
The Position: We’re looking for a Spanish BILINGUAL Family Resource Specialist.
- We offer Paid time off, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Days, Some Flexibility in the working schedule
- We also offer Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- College degree or comparable experience
- Professional or life experience working with families with children with disabilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills English and Spanish
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings
- Taking calls from parents, assist the caller in English and Spanish to determine their needs and present options
- Accurately enter data in our system
- Do workshops about public benefits and other disability-related topics
- Participate in ongoing trainings and in-services.
- Assist in planning events for families, community members and professionals.
The Location: Parents Helping Parents is based in San Jose, CA. in the Sobrato Center for Non- Profits building. Parents Helping Parents is close to freeways, schools, downtown San Jose and Willow Glenn and walking distance from Race light rail station.
Why Should You Apply?
- You like working with people
- You are looking for some flexibility in your working hours
- You share our vision and believe in a better future for people with disabilities and their families. Like us, you envision a world where children and adults of all abilities are valued, respected, and included. Above all, you share our goal that families should be filled with hope and optimism about every child.
Interested? Contact: Claudiah@php.com