Have you been looking for a way to give back?
You may be the one we are looking for! Parents Helping Parents encourages parents and adult siblings to apply for available positions. Your experience with your child or sibling with a disability is applicable to the experience.
Individuals who are bilingual in any language are always welcome!
Family Resource Specialists
- Bilingual SPANISH/ENGLISH SPEAKING
- ENGLISH ONLY
(spoken and written) 20-30 hours weekly.
Seeking a candidate who possesses knowledge of service systems that serve those who receive services from Regional Center, CCS, Special Education supports, etc. We define special needs as those with developmental delays, autism, cancer, cerebral palsy, learning disabilities, seizures, rare conditions, language delays, chronic health issues and many, many more. Parents of children with any of these needs may apply their acquired knowledge when applying for this position as their related experience. Learn more about who we serve and what we do before applying by exploring www.php.com .
- Specialists provide emotional support, information and referral, and training to clients based on their individual needs.
- Conduct community outreach about available supports to families of children with any special need.
- Record contacts with families and professionals in client database.
- Develops information packets for distribution, refers new resources for inclusion in directory and assists in planning events from which families, community members and related professionals benefit.
- Participates in training events. And other related tasks.
- College degree or comparable experience
- Minimum 2 years experience working with families with special needs, service systems, and special education
- Excellent written and oral communications skills (English and Spanish for bilingual positions)
- Experience as a trainer, able to implement best practices for training adult learners
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with families, staff, and professionals.
- Knowledge of community resources
- Must have computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work effectively with families, staff, and professionals
- Ability to travel within Bay Area
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings
Parents of children with special needs are encouraged to apply. Parents Helping Parents does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Job Type: Part-time