Have you been looking for a way to give back?
You may be the one we are looking for! Parents Helping Parents encourages parents and adult siblings of individuals with special needs to apply for available positions. Your experience with differently-abled people could be applicable to the position.
We currently have several open positions. Read on or click here for more information.
- Program Managers – We are looking for TWO amazing leaders to manage our Assistive Technology & Early Start team (ages 0-5), and also our Education Group, supporting families in working with their schools. Lead and mentor a great team of resource specialists as they provide information and support to build bright futures for children with special needs. The job description can be found HERE. Please contact email@example.com for additional information and to submit your resume!
- Bilingual Resource Specialists – We are hiring multiple Bilingual Resource Specialist positions. These are flexible, full or part-time positions; benefits depend on hours worked/week. If you have first-hand knowledge about special education, public benefits, and other critical special needs services and you want to give back to other families like yours, please apply! Applicants should be fluent in Spanish and English and be able to utilize the skills and knowledge they’ve developed as the parent, caregiver, or sibling of a child with special needs. The job description can be found HERE. Interested? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and to submit your resume!
- African Ancestry Resource and Outreach Specialist – We are adding this new 20-hr/week position to our staff. The job description can be found HERE. The position requires someone with cultural competence in outreach and service to African Americans and African Descendents as well as existing relationships within the community. Interested? Please contact email@example.com for additional information and to submit your resume!
- No open position that fits your interests? Feel free to send a cover letter with your background (professional/personal) and career goals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Work for PHP” in the subject line. Individuals who are bilingual in any language are always welcome to apply!
- Volunteers are always needed and these positions offer a lot of flexibility and the great feeling of meaningful help to the community. If you have time and an interest in volunteering, please take a look at the information on the website, HERE.
Parents Helping Parents is based in San Jose, California at the Sobrato Center for Nonprofits. The office is close to freeways, schools, downtown San Jose and Willow Glen and walking distance from the Race Street light rail station.
* FYI- we are all working from home right now.
Thank you for considering employment at Parents Helpihng Parents!