Help us do more for families in need!
Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew
We appreciate your interest in volunteering at Parents Helping Parents! Your time and talent are highly valued, and we warmly welcome you as part of our family. Whether you’re looking for a one-time opportunity or a long-term volunteer commitment, we would love to hear from you. If you’re an adult aged 18 or older, there are various ways you can contribute and make a difference. Join us at Parents Helping Parents and be a part of our mission to support children with disabilities.
- Help us put on our annual fundraising event that happens every spring! There are planning roles and “day of event” help needed.
- Support staff on a weekly basis, we have a spot for you and there are even things you can do virtually!
- Attend community events and distribute info about PHP to invite more people to use our services.
- Use your writing or technical skills to assist with our website!
- Put your creative skills to use to support social media outreach by working with us on marketing.
- Collaborate on fundraising campaigns with our development team.
- Support the administrative team with office and tech support projects.
- Host/Co-Host or assist with a support group for families with a specific special need or common interest. With large groups, it’s helpful to have more than 1 person to facilitate meetings. It’s always good to have one person assist the host by interacting with attendees through chat or texting.
- Do you have an idea for something not listed? Please share it!
Ready to volunteer at Parents Helping Parents? Please complete this Volunteer Application. It’s a Google Doc so it can be downloaded and filled out by computer. Return it to our Volunteer Coordinator, via email at [email protected].
As a PHP volunteer, you’ll be connecting with staff and other dedicated volunteers who are working to build bright futures for children with special needs in our community!
* Please note that many volunteer opportunities require a background check and it is preferred that volunteers live locally.
** If you are a student, under the age of 18, we have a few volunteer opportunities to help with things like YouTube closed captioning, Spanish translation, etc.