Parents Helping Parents can help you navigate community and family services that are available to support you, your loved one of any age with any disability, and your entire family. We understand that raising your loved one with a disability can be confusing and overwhelming.
PHP Family Resource Specialists are highly knowledgeable in the many community and family services that may be available to you. They can help you navigate these systems of care. 90% of Parents Helping Parents program staff are parents or very close with someone with a disability. We understand.
PHP support includes:
- Person-to-person assistance with a specialist (via phone or Zoom)
- Understanding and accepting your loved one’s diagnosis
- Support for Caregivers
- Services through the Regional Center and the Lanterman Act
- DDS Self-Determination Program and Regional Center
- Public Benefits: Supplemental Security Income (SSI), In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS), and Medi-Cal
- Connections California: Transition to Adulthood includes information on education & training, self-advocacy, adult life, work preparation, and planning for the transition
- Person-Centered Planning
- Referrals to professionals and other agencies
Parents Helping Parents has many webinars, support groups, and online resources for you to get information and support about community and family services. These are led by PHP staff, professionals, and parent volunteers who seek to build communities of support and knowledge.