SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
A. Information You Provide To Us.
- Registration and Profile Information. If you register for our Parents Helping Parents Services, we ask for your email address and zip code. You may also choose to provide us with your phone number, race/ethnicity, number of children, each child’s year of birth, and each child’s conditions.
- Donation Information. If you decide to make a donation to us through our Services, we ask for your donation amount, donation frequency, and payment or stock information. You may also choose to provide us with information about your employer, your partner’s employer, their donation matching programs, a donation dedication message, and any other information you think we should know in connection with your donation.
- Payment Information. We may ask for your payment information, such as credit or debit card number, if you decide to, for example, register for classes and conferences through our services. If you provide payment information to us, a third party service provider that handles payments for us will receive and store that information.
- Communications. If you choose to contact us directly, we may receive information about you, including your name, email address, phone number, and the contents of your message, and any other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we may receive information about you, including your name, email address, phone number, zip code, company, child’s age, child’s condition, email list subscription preferences, and any other information you may choose to provide to us. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out from receiving newsletter emails from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, such as IP address, web browser type, operating system version, and phone carrier and manufacturer.
A. How We Use Information We Collect.
- We use the information we collect from Users to:
- Provide, improve, expand, personalize, and promote our Services;
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services;
- Develop new services, features, and functionality;
- Provide funders with requests for aggregate data;
- Communicate with you, either directly or indirectly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Send you text messages;
Facilitate transactions and payments;
In connection with funding and grants;
Find and prevent fraud; and
For compliance purposes, including enforcing our legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
A. How We Share Information We Collect.
- Funding and Grants. We share aggregate information we receive about our participants with grant funders to fulfill certain grant requirements. For example, we may share the total number of families we serve and the percentage of families we serve who live in a certain zip code.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services. In addition, we may use third party analytics vendors that evaluate and provide us with information about your use of our Services. These analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our Services, and may otherwise have access to information about you that they may collect over time and across different websites and online services.
- As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through our Services.
- Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
- Aggregate Data. Where legally permissible, we may share information about Users with our partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you.
We make reasonable attempts to protect your information by using physical and technical safeguards designed to improve the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the information we maintain. However, because our Services are hosted electronically, we do not guarantee the security or privacy of your information.
Our Services are NOT for children under 13 years of age. By using our Services, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13, do not use our Services or send any information about yourself to us. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we never knowingly request or collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete any personally identifiable information about the User within a reasonable period of time after learning that the User was under 13.
Our Services are hosted in the United States (U.S.) and intended for visitors located within the U.S. If you choose to use our Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection, use, and sharing that differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the U.S. for processing. We may also transfer your personal information from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storing and processing your personal information, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By using our Services, regardless of your location, you consent to such collection, storage, use, and sharing of your information for the purposes described in this Policy. Should you choose at any time to withdraw your consent, you may not continue to use our Services.
Parents Helping Parents
Sobrato Center for Nonprofits
1400 Parkmoor Avenue
San Jose, CA 95126
EFFECTIVE DATE: 06 July 2018