Thank YOU for your ongoing trust in and commitment to Parents Helping Parents. Families call PHP every day, often in crisis, unsure of what kind of support they need, how to interact with their child’s school, or unaware of what’s available to them. We are grateful to support these much-deserving families in our community, throughout California, and beyond!
When you donate to Parents Helping Parents:
- Infants born with a disability can start off with the right support!
- Youth and teens can receive the services they need to succeed in school!
- Adults with disabilities can plan for the future of their dreams!
- Parents can connect with one another and feel less isolated!
- And so much more!
Our supporters play a crucial role in carrying forth our mission as an organization providing information, resources, and support to families. It is because of you, our supporters, that we are able to help as many families as we are today. Learn how you can help by giving a gift that suits your ability to give and makes a positive impact on the quality of life for families with children with disabilities today!
The Impact of Your Giving
Every gift matters – and the impact of your giving can improve the quality of life for children with disabilities and their families. Here’s how your gift can make an impact:
- $100 enables a parent to have that critically important, first conversation with a caring PHP Resource Specialist.
- $250 funds two in-depth meetings with an educational specialist and equips parents with the knowledge, resources, and tools they need to confidently navigate the educational system and ensure their child receives the support they deserve.
- $1,000 funds one training session for 75 parents with an expert speaker and language translation services so parents learn how to help their child transition to adulthood.
- $2,500 fosters ongoing outreach efforts to families in underserved communities like East San Jose and Gilroy.
Supporters like you help us continue the vitally important work of helping families raising children with disabilities. There are many ways to give, some of which don’t cost anything now. See below for the various ways in which your donation can improve the quality of life for families raising children with disabilities. Thank you!
Gifts that Make an Impact Now
Cash gifts are simple and may be eligible for a charitable tax deduction.* You may make your gift via U.S. mail or online. For those wishing to make their gift via U.S. mail, please send checks to the following:
Parents Helping Parents, Inc. | Attn: Development Director
1400 Parkmoor Avenue, Suite 100 San Jose, CA, 95126
We will mail your donation receipt via U.S. mail as your official record.
Gifts that Cost You Nothing Now
Gifts in a will or by beneficiary designation are two easy ways to build bright futures for children with disabilities for years to come — and they don’t cost you anything now.
Gifts by Beneficiary Designation
A gift by beneficiary designation is one of the easiest gifts to give because it costs you nothing now, doesn’t require a lawyer, and you can change your beneficiaries at any time. Name Parents Helping Parents Inc. as a beneficiary of your retirement account, life insurance plan, bank account, or other assets.
The potential benefits of gifts by beneficiary designation include:
- Reduction or elimination of taxes and probate fees
- Provides a way for you to give without costing you anything now
The following gifts may be used in a beneficiary designation:
- Retirement plan assets
- Life insurance policies
- Bank or brokerage accounts
- Funds remaining in your donor-advised fund
If you need to update your beneficiary designation, contact your financial institution(s) to request a beneficiary designation form. You may also be able to log in to your account and update your beneficiaries online. Please use our legal name: Parents Helping Parents Inc. and include our tax identification number: 94-2814246. Please let us know so that your wishes are carried out.
Gifts in a Will or Trust
Making a legacy gift in your will or trust is one of the easiest and most popular ways to create a lasting impact for Parents Helping Parents Inc (PHP). Once you have provided for your loved ones, we hope you will consider supporting the programs, resources, and support that PHP provides to families as part of your life story through a legacy gift.
A gift in your will is one of the easiest ways to create your legacy and offers the following benefits:
- LASTING IMPACT: Your gift will create a legacy of hope for a brighter future for families of children with disabilities.
- FLEXIBLE: You can adjust your gift or change your mind at any time and for any reason.
- NO COST: A gift in your will doesn’t cost you anything now.
Gifts that Reduce Your Taxes
You can also enjoy tax benefits from these gifts now, or you can establish a future gift that will pass tax benefits along to your loved ones.
Charitable Distribution from your IRA (Individual Retirement Account)
You can use your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) to make a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your IRA directly to Parents Helping Parents Inc., so it does not create taxable income for you.
Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ years or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Parents Helping Parents Inc.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Parents Helping Parents Inc. so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- The transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from your IRA.
Retirement plan gifts are a popular gift option for many Parents Helping Parents Inc. supporters. Because retirement plans are taxed differently than most assets, they may actually become a tax liability.
Naming Parents Helping Parents Inc. as a beneficiary of your retirement account can be an attractive option for leaving a legacy and reducing income taxes and possibly estate taxes for your loved ones.
Contact your plan’s administrator to specify Parents Helping Parents Inc. as a beneficiary. Our Federal Tax ID Number is 94-2814246.
Gifts of Stock
By giving stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value, you may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
To receive instructions on how to easily transfer stock to Parents Helping Parents Inc., call 408 727-5775 or email [email protected]
*Parents Helping Parents Inc. does not provide specific individualized legal or tax advice. Please consult a qualified legal or tax advisor where such advice is necessary or appropriate.