At Parents Helping Parents, volunteers help us do more for families in need!
Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew
Interested in getting involved? We will value your time and talent and embrace you into our family! Whether you are interested in a one-time opportunity or a long-term volunteer commitment*, we want to hear from you! If you are an adult, over the age of 18**, you can volunteer for Parents Helping Parents in many ways.
- Help us put on our annual fundraising event that happens every spring! There are planning roles as well as “day of event” help needed.
- Support staff on a weekly basis, we have a spot for you and there are even things you can do virtually!
- Attend community events and distribute info about PHP to invite more people to use our services.
- Use your writing or technical skills to assist with our website!
- Put your creative skills to use to support social media outreach by working with us on marketing.
- Collaborate on fundraising campaigns with our development team.
- Support the administrative team with office and tech support projects.
- Host/Co-Host or assist with a support group for families with a specific special need or common interest. With large groups, it’s helpful to have more than 1 person to facilitate meetings. It’s always good to have one person assist the host by interacting with attendees through chat or texting.
- Review our downloadable, e-packets in English/Spanish/Vietnamese to be sure all links are working!
- Do you have an idea for something not listed? Please share it!
Download our Volunteer flyer for more information.
Ready to volunteer? Please complete this Volunteer Application. It’s a Google Doc so it can be COPIED to your Google Drive and filled out by computer OR download it and use Word to input the information. Return it to our Volunteer Manager, via email at email@example.com.
As a PHP volunteer, you’ll be connecting with staff and other dedicated volunteers who are working to build bright futures for children with special needs in our community!
* Please note that many volunteer opportunities require a background check and it is preferred that volunteers live locally.
** If you are a student, under the age of 18, we have a few volunteer opportunities to help with things like YouTube closed captioning, Spanish translation, etc.
***We don’t have any in-person programs currently.