At Parents Helping Parents, volunteers help us do more for families in need!
Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew
Interested in getting involved? We will value your time and talent and embrace you into our family! Whether you are interested in a one-time opportunity or a long-term volunteer commitment*, we want to hear from you! If you are an adult, over the age of 18**, you can volunteer for Parents Helping Parents in many ways.
- Help put on our annual Gala that happens in April!
- Attend online BFF Project meetings as a peer mentor!
- Support staff on a weekly basis, we have a spot for you!
- Use your technical skills to assist with our website!
- Put your creative skills to use to support social media outreach by working with us on marketing.
- Collaborate on fundraising campaigns with our development team.
- Support the administrative team with office and tech support projects.
- Assist with a special topic training or support group. With large groups, it’s helpful to have someone who can interact with attendees through chat or texting.
- Host/Co-Host a support group for families with a specific special need or common interest.
- Review our downloadable, e-packets in English/Spanish/Vietnamese to be sure all links are working!
- Do you have an idea for something not listed? Please share it!
As a PHP volunteer, you’ll be connecting with staff and other dedicated volunteers who are working to build bright futures for children with special needs in our community!
* Some volunteer opportunities require a background check.
** We are sorry but we do not have volunteer opportunities for students under the age of 18.