At Parents Helping Parents, volunteers help us do more for families in need!
Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew
Interested in getting involved? We will value your time and talent and embrace you into our family! Whether you are interested in a one-time opportunity or a long-term volunteer commitment*, we want to hear from you! If you are an adult, over the age of 18**, you can volunteer for Parents Helping Parents in many ways.
- Help us put on our annual fundraising event that happens every spring! There are planning roles as well as “day of event” help needed.
- Support staff on a weekly basis, we have a spot for you and there are even things you can do virtually!
- Attend community events and distribute info about PHP to invite more people to use our services.
- Use your writing or technical skills to assist with our website!
- Put your creative skills to use to support social media outreach by working with us on marketing.
- Collaborate on fundraising campaigns with our development team.
- Support the administrative team with office and tech support projects.
- Host/Co-Host or assist with a support group for families with a specific special need or common interest. With large groups, it’s helpful to have more than 1 person to facilitate meetings. It’s always good to have one person assist the host by interacting with attendees through chat or texting.
- Review our downloadable, e-packets in English/Spanish/Vietnamese to be sure all links are working!
- Do you have an idea for something not listed? Please share it!
Download our Volunteer flyer for more information.
Ready to volunteer? Please complete this Volunteer Application. It’s a Google Doc so it can be downloaded and filled out by computer. Return it to our Volunteer Coordinator, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a PHP volunteer, you’ll be connecting with staff and other dedicated volunteers who are working to build bright futures for children with special needs in our community!
* Please note that many volunteer opportunities require a background check and it is preferred that volunteers live locally.
** If you are a student, under the age of 18, we have a few volunteer opportunities to help with things like YouTube closed captioning, Spanish translation, etc.
***We don’t have any in-person programs currently.