PHP’s ADHD/LD Lecture Series and Support Group is currently on pause but there are good resources available in Silicon Valley and online.
Parents Helping Parents, along with other partner organizations, offer training on important topics related to ADHD. We record many of them and these can be found in our E-Learning library under ADHD.
Parents Helping Parents Education Specialists can help you advocate for your child with ADD/ADHD in school if you live in Silicon Valley. Call and talk to someone about any questions related to your child and their school program and brainstorm your advocacy options. Call us at 408-727-5775 Monday-Friday from 9 AM -5 PM.
Two good online resources we recommend are:
- ADDitude offers good information and webinars. Subscribe to ADDitude which publishes content quarterly. They offer this article as a good starting place: ADHD Symptoms Checklist: Signs of Hyperactive, Inattentive, Combined Subtypes. View their full offering of upcoming and recorded ADHD expert webinars at https://www.additudemag.com/adhd-expert-webinars-index/.
- Understood is a solid online resource for those who “learn and think differently”, including those with ADD/ADHD. This organization has deep archives with many good posts and videos viewable on their WEBSITE, and an app for iPhones called Wunder. Two good articles are Understanding ADHD in your Child and 8 common myths about ADHD to share with family, friends, teachers, or other supporters of your child.
Other organizations are listed in the “Helpful Information” menu that may be useful to your family.
Recommended resources from ADDitude: Summer 2023
- eBook: Your ADHD Summer Survival Guide
- 2023 ADHD/LD Camp Guide online
- ADHD/LD School Directory online
- 6 essential summer camp criteria for kids with ADHD
- The best school options for students with ADHD and LD
Jump to your program/region:
CAMPS:Northeast | South | Midwest | Multiple Locations | Canada
SCHOOLS:Northeast | South | Midwest | West | Multiple Locations