Families raising adults with disabilities and special needs can get support, resources, and information on a variety of topics from Parents Helping Parents.
As your child grows, we will help you understand the resources that are available for adults with disabilities. The transition to adulthood is very complex for your child and your family. Parents Helping Parents can support and guide you through this critical time of change.
Topics important to your adult child include:
- Criminal Justice
- Estate Planning
- Life and Future Planning
- Living and Housing Options
- Person Centered Planning
- Post-Secondary Education Opportunities
- Public Benefits: SSI, IHSS, and MediCal
- Selective Service
- Special Needs Trusts
- Sexuality and Risk Reduction
- Working with a Disability