Learn how this valuable California resource can help an individual with any disability, and their family, build skills and support for living an independent life!
A webinar for transition youth, adult individuals, and parents to learn more about Independent Living Centers (ILC), an important resource that can help people with ANY disability live their best life.
What you will learn:
- ILCs offer FREE services to all persons with any special needs, of all ages, who seek services to help further their independence.
- Services include assistance with housing, budgeting, self-care, transportation, and more.
- Services are not dependent on qualifying for regional center services or any other pre-qualification.
- ILCs are participating in Self Determination and consumers can come to an ILC to learn Independent Living Skills (ILS).
- ILCs are participating in Self Determination for those who qualify for regional center services.
- About CFILC, from their website: “Federal law requires the provision of peer support, advocacy, information and referral, and independent living skills training. California law adds two other services, accessible housing referral, and personal assistance referral.”
- How to find the Independent Living Center closest to you.
- Sheri Burns, Executive Director at Silicon Valley Independent Living Center (SVILC)
- Lisa Samaro, ILS Coordinator at Silicon Valley Independent Living Center (SVILC)
- Christina Mills, Executive Director at California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
Download the handout, HERE.
Do you live outside Silicon Valley? There are centers around California, FIND YOURS.