- About PHP
- Adult Topics (ages 16+)
- Assistive Technology
- Coping & Support for Families
- COVID-19 Resources for Families
- Disability Specific Information
- Early Childhood Topics (ages 0-5)
- Financial Planning
- General Topic Videos
- Person Centered Planning
- Public Benefits
- RECENTLY ADDED
- Regional Center
- Special Education - Your Child & School
- Transition to Adulthood
Learn what you need to know before your child turns 18 and is an adult.
This video discusses two types of public benefits: Needs-based benefits and entitlements.
- Needs-based benefits include: (Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medi-Cal, Food stamps, legal aid, utility payment assistance, and housing subsidies (H.U.D. or Section 8).
- Entitlements: Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), childhood disability benefits (CDB), medicare, and special education.
Presented by Stephen Dale, Attorney & Counselor at Law, The Dale Law Firm in Pacheco, CA