- About PHP
- Assistive Technology (all ages)
- Coping & Support for Families
- COVID-19 Resources for Families
- Disability Specific Information
- Early Childhood Topics (ages 0-5)
- General Topic Videos
- Public Benefits
- RECENTLY ADDED
- Regional Center
- Special Education - Your Child & School
- Transition to Adulthood (ages 12+)
Self-Determination was developed as a voluntary alternative to the traditional way of delivering regional center services. It gives individuals more freedom and control over how their services are delivered and who provides them with support. Self-determination gives you a choice in all areas of your life, including where you want to live, how you will spend your time each day, and who you will spend your time with. It’s about having hopes and dreams for the future and developing the goals to go after them. It’s about being in control, making your own decisions, and spending money your way.
If you have questions, visit the Frequently Asked Questions on the California Dept of Disability Services website, VIEW.