A successful transition to college for a student with learning disabilities takes planning by the student, family, and their high school.
This presentation is for parents and students interested in learning more about how to prepare for a successful transition to college. If your teenager is on track to graduate with a regular high school diploma, this talk is for both you and them!
The following topics are covered:
- Overview of the application process
- Self-advocacy and College Readiness
- The differences between high school and college
- College offices for disability student services: what they do and do not provide
- Things to consider in finding the right college fit for students with disabilities
The presenter is Dr. Marci Schwartz, LCSW, Ph.D. who specializes in counseling students with learning disabilities to prepare for college and explore college options. She is an independent educational consultant at Thrive College Counseling in Los Gatos, CA.