- About PHP
- Assistive Technology (all ages)
- Coping & Support for Families
- COVID-19 Resources for Families
- Disability Specific Information
- Early Childhood Topics (ages 0-5)
- General Topic Videos
- Public Benefits
- RECENTLY ADDED
- Regional Center
- Special Education - Your Child & School
- Transition to Adulthood (ages 12+)
Your loved one with an intellectual/developmental disability has a right to services and supports in adulthood so that they can live a good life.
In this video, you will learn:
- Who funds what?
- How do you navigate and negotiate these service systems to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities?
- The key differences between regional center-funded services and generic services, and how to access them both.
- How to get started…how to negotiate…and how to navigate the service systems.
Link to resources including presentation slides, regional center service descriptions, and a tip sheet on accessing generic services.
Presented by the California State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD).