- About PHP
- Adult Topics (ages 16+)
- Assistive Technology
- Coping & Support for Families
- COVID-19 Resources for Families
- Disability Specific Information
- Early Childhood Topics (ages 0-5)
- Financial Planning
- General Topic Videos
- Person Centered Planning
- Public Benefits
- RECENTLY ADDED
- Regional Center
- Special Education - Your Child & School
- Transition to Adulthood
This 10-minute video is the first in a 3-part series produced by Formed Families Forward (formedfamiliesforward.org), the CPRC in northern Virginia and developed with support from the Virginia Tiered Systems of Supports (VTSS) project. The information is designed to support their “Trauma-Sensitive Responses at Home and School” video series.
During Video 1, you will learn about the following topics:
- What is Trauma?
- What is Traumatic Stress?
- Causes/Kinds of Trauma
- Types of Trauma
- Signs of Trauma
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Trauma’s Impact on School
You can download the Trauma Fact Sheet #1 here that accompanies the video.
This video was not produced by PHP. We cannot guarantee its level of accessibility so please let us know if you have any trouble accessing this video or video captions.