- About PHP
- Adult Topics (ages 16+)
- Assistive Technology
- Coping & Support for Families
- COVID-19 Resources for Families
- Disability Specific Information
- Early Childhood Topics (ages 0-5)
- Financial Planning
- General Topic Videos
- Person Centered Planning
- Public Benefits
- RECENTLY ADDED
- Regional Center
- Special Education - Your Child & School
- Transition to Adulthood
Learn the basics about OT, Occupational Therapy, from Angelica Aguayo, a professional Occupational Therapist.
What is it?
- Occupational therapy (OT) is a treatment to improve motor skills, balance, and coordination.
- It helps kids and adults who struggle with everyday tasks like writing or getting dressed.
- Kids with developmental coordination disorder (DCD) often need OT.
For more information about this topic, check out this article on OT from Understood, READ. They are an important FREE resource for families of kids who learn and think differently.