Parenting can be joyful, stressful, uplifting and frustrating – all in one day (hour?!).
The journey to, through, and beyond a special needs diagnosis can make the parenting experience all the more intense. Join an intimate circle of fellow travelers for sharing, listening, and supporting each other with practical advice. For parents of preschool and early-elementary aged children with any diagnosis. The group is co-sponsored by the Los Gatos JCC and Parents Helping Parents.
- Who should attend: Parents/caregivers only, no childcare provided
- When is the group: Every other Monday from 8:30-9:45 PM
- Online meetings: via Zoom
- Cost: Free (JCC membership not necessary)
- Registration: Drop-in group, contact facilitator for Zoom link
Facilitated by Rabbi Laurie Matzkin, JCC Mindful Jewish Journeys Educator. The group is compassion-based and anyone interested in meeting others sharing the journey of parenting a child with special needs is encouraged to attend. Jewish wisdom will be used as a framework for discussion prompts; however, no Jewish background or affiliation is necessary.
For more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.