Parenting can be joyful, stressful, uplifting and frustrating – all in one day (hour?!).
The journey to, through, and beyond a special needs diagnosis can make the parenting experience all the more intense. All the more so during the pandemic! Join an intimate circle of fellow travelers for sharing, listening, and supporting each other with practical advice.
This group is for parents/caregivers of children ages approximately 2-8 with any diagnosis*. The group is co-sponsored by the Los Gatos JCC and Parents Helping Parents.
Facilitated by Rabbi Laurie Matzkin, JCC Mindful Jewish Journeys Educator. The group is compassion-based and anyone interested in meeting others sharing the journey of parenting a child with special needs is encouraged to attend. Jewish wisdom will be used as a framework for discussion prompts; however, no Jewish background or affiliation is necessary.
- Who should attend: Parents/caregivers, no observers please.
- When is the group: Every other Monday from 8:00-9:00 PM
- Online meetings: via Zoom
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Zoom Registration is Required, find link on the events
Connect with Parents Helping Parents to access important information and services!
– Parent of a child 0-3 with special needs and live in Santa Clara County? A great first step is to connect with PHP’s Early Start team. They are available Monday-Friday from 9-4. Email or call the PHP offices, email@example.com or 408-727-5775. Ask for an Early Start specialist to return your call.
– Parent of a school-aged child with special needs and live in one of these counties: Santa Clara, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito? Our Education and Family Service specialists are here to help. Give us a call to talk about anything related to school/education issues, accessing public benefits, assistive technology needs, and anything disability-related.
Note – if you live outside Silicon Valley, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will direct you to an agency in your area that can help.