Parenting can be joyful, stressful, uplifting and frustrating – all in one day (hour?!).
The journey to, through, and beyond a special needs diagnosis can make the parenting experience all the more intense. Join an intimate circle of fellow travelers for sharing, listening, and supporting each other with practical advice.
This group is for parents/caregivers of children ages approximately 2-8 with any diagnosis*. The group is co-sponsored by the Los Gatos JCC and Parents Helping Parents. Everyone is welcome!
Facilitated by Maria Johnson, an elementary school teacher and special needs mom. The group is compassion-based and for anyone interested in meeting others sharing the journey of parenting a child with special needs. Join us!
- Who should attend: Parents/caregivers, no observers please.
- When is the group: Every other Monday from 8:30-9:30 PM
- Online meetings: via Zoom
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Zoom Registration is Required, find the link on the events
We also have a WhatsApp group that you can join. It’s for chatting with others between meetings about individual family questions and for sharing resources. Link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/ET9wqrU3Avf666UyKcOJv1.
Connect with Parents Helping Parents to access important information and services!
– Parent of a child 0-3 with special needs and live in Santa Clara County? A great first step is to connect with PHP’s Early Start team. They are available Monday-Friday from 9-4. Email or call the PHP offices, email@example.com or 408-727-5775. Ask for an Early Start specialist to return your call.
– Parent of a school-aged child with special needs and living in one of these counties: Santa Clara, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito? Our Education and Family Service specialists are here to help. Give us a call to talk about anything related to school/education issues, accessing public benefits, assistive technology needs, and anything disability-related.
Note – if you live outside Silicon Valley, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will direct you to an agency in your area for help.