How can Parents Helping Parents help with concerns I have about my 0-5 year old?
Parents Helping Parents understands if you have concerns about your child’s development. We want to help you and your family “Get an Early Start”! Together, we will address your concerns, help identify your needs, and provide information and resources to meet them. We will help you begin to build a bright future for you, your child, and your entire family.
Information that may be helpful for your family:
- View a complete list of PHP’s Early Start services, click here.
- View PHP’s Early Childhood newsletter archives, click here
- Join the Get An Early Start Facebook Group, click here.
- Family Care Notebook – Free Download, click here.
Support and Information Groups for families with young children, click links to learn more:
- Early Childhood – monthly support group led by PHP’s Early Start team for families with kiddos 0-3
- The Early Years – biweekly parent support group for families with 2-8 year-olds
- Baby’n Me Music Group – join us with your child (ages 0-5) to play and connect through MUSIC
For ages 0-3
If your child is between the ages of 0-3, and you are interested in finding out more about Early Start services in Santa Clara County, we can help. We also are available to help you fill out the Early Start Intake forms for Santa Clara County. When you get the forms, and you have questions, watch this video about how to fill out those forms. More questions? Email us at email@example.com or make an appointment below.
We have created a video series to help you understand what services are available to help you in California, what tools and strategies might help your child if he/she has a delay, and to help you with the transition from Early Start services to Special Education preschool services. These videos and accompanying resource guides can be found on the Get An Early Start Video Series page.
Other information that might be of interest to you:
- Learn about the Early Start Program for infants and toddlers, click here.
- Download a list of Developmental Milestones from the CDC, click here.
- Download the CDC’s Milestone Tracker app, click here.
Would you like to schedule an appointment?
- Concerns about my child’s speech, motor skills, social and emotional development or others?
- Services and public benefits for infants and toddlers with developmental delays
- Help with Completing the Early Start Program Intake Forms
- Questions about your child’s program or IFSP
- Planning Transition at Age 3, Childcare, Preschool IEP or Regional Center
Transition at Age 3
We know it can be a confusing and overwhelming time for you when your child transitions from Early Start services to School-based services at age 3. Training is offered twice a year about the transition process. We also offer one-to-one clinics to discuss the transition, what to expect, and the options available to you (Virtual for now). Email us to find out more about transition, or click here to schedule an appointment about transition.
For ages 3-5
If your child is 3 and over, we will explain the steps needed to start school services from ages 3- 5. We can explain how to request an assessment for special education services (click here for template letter to your school district). We will explain what assessments are and what they mean. You will learn about assistive technology and how your child may benefit from it.
Parents Helping Parents will help you connect with other families who have children with special needs. You are not alone on your journey. Together, we will start building a bright future for your child with special needs!