Do you have a high-potential young adult in your life who needs extra help to find their path after high school?
If so, check out this group! Meet with other parents of young adults with disabilities and share common experiences. Many have adult children living at home, slowly launching, and for whom we have high hopes and dreams. Together, let’s become better advocates and mentors for young adults with disabilities. Learn how build your “parental toolbox” with targeted knowledge of support. Our most common discussion topics are motivation, employment, living options, and social relationships.
The group focuses on families of young adults:
- Ages 18-30 years old
- Special needs that include learning disabilities, ADHD, mental health issues, high-functioning autism, FASD, or other special needs that don’t include severe intellectual delays
- Don’t qualify for regional center services
Come and meet other parents to:
- Share your path and knowledge
- Discuss common needs/goals and share your experience and learnings
- Build a strong parent support network
- Assist in building a path to independence for your young adult with disabilities.
The Path to Positive Adulting Support Group meets:
- When: the first Tuesday of each month from 7-8:30 PM
- Where: Zoom Online Meetings
- Register: Click on the Support Group Calendar in the Helpful Information section. Registration is required for each meeting.
Please plan to have your camera on during our meetings to build trust and collaboration. Families share sensitive information during our groups and it’s more supportive to be able to see each other.
Visit Connections California for more information on the transition to adulthood.
The Connections California program extends PHP’s support for families with children ages12+ who want to know more about adult services and supports. We encourage you to visit PHP’s Connections CA info hub and get more information!
Other support groups that might be of interest:
Parents Helping Parents has 2 other groups for parents with adult children, including the options below. Check them out to determine if one fits your needs, or mix and match as they all have great content and discussions!
- Parents of Adult Children with Developmental Disabilities One of PHP’s longest-running groups, the facilitators and attendees brainstorm, share knowledge, and compare resources for adult children who are regional center clients.
- Parents of Neurodiverse Job/Career Young Adults is for parents of young adults who are motivated and career-building.
Most PHP webinars, support groups, and services are FREE! We are committed to providing innovative, high-quality online content to families like yours. Please consider making a voluntary donation to help us continue this important work for families raising children with special needs throughout our community! Thank you!