Looking for a support group knowledgeable about adults with developmental disabilities?
Connect with other parents, sibling supporters, and caregivers at the Parents of Adults with Developmental Disabilities (PACDD) support group. We welcome discussion of any and all topics of interest to the group. Join us to share and learn from others who have adults with disabilities in their lives!
Who should attend?
Parents and caregivers of adults with developmental disabilities. Adult siblings and other caregivers are also welcome to attend.
Connect, Communicate, and Share
- Meetings are on the 3rd Monday of each month,11 am -12:30 pm.
- Join and ask questions on the private Facebook group for parents with adult children who have developmental disabilities:
- Bay Area Locals: Did you know we have a private email list? Request to join by submitting your information here. This list is moderated, and each request to join will be reviewed to ensure you are in the local Bay Area. PHP is in San Jose, CA, but we include the entire San Francisco Bay Area.
Other Support Groups of Interest
- Support for Caregivers is led by a licensed therapist. This support group focuses on caregiver needs.
- Paths to Positive Adulting is for parents with high-potential young adults who need extra time and scaffolding while working to gain independence and meaningful employment.